The Sun Chronicles - "Gratitude"
This month’s blog entry is a result of a couple of experiences that made substantial impressions on me recently. The first is a book by Brene Brown entitled “The Gifts of Imperfection” that I read and discussed as part of a book club I participate in with friends. One of the major topics covered in the book is gratitude and the importance of exercising it to achieve a wholehearted life. I took what I read to heart and started being more purposeful in expressing my gratitude. The second point of influence arrived via a “Gratitude Challenge” on Facebook. I was tasked to list three things daily that I was grateful for and the challenge lasted for five days. It was the perfect outlet for me to put to use what I learned from Brene Brown’s book. Therefore, I thought it would be a great idea to continue the “Gratitude Challenge” here in my blog since actively expressing gratitude on a consistent basis has already positively affected my life.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to have performed in a new city and in front of new faces last week in Wilmington, NC.
- I am grateful for the warmth and love expressed by the audience at the Wilmington, NC gig.
- I am grateful to the musicians (JC Martin – guitar, Kenny McKeown Phelps – bass, Donovan Cheatham – drums) who poured their soul into the music and helped me bring the music to life in Wilmington, NC.
- I am grateful to the responsible individuals at the Cameron Art Museum and the Cape Fear Jazz Society who offered me the amazing opportunity to start the JAZZ @ the CAM Music Series.
- I am grateful for the gifted friends in my life who continue to inspire me to be the best I can be.
- I am grateful for reaching a point of maturity where I can actively get out of my own way!
- I am grateful that I have a passion that excites me to no end and that I am able to pursue it every single day.
- I am grateful for all the love in my life.
- I am grateful for the simple things in my life such as drinking coffee in the morning while I watch shows on the DVR.
- I am grateful for my dreams that continue to drive me.
I’ll end this entry by simply suggesting that you make gratitude a daily practice in your life. I promise it will make a difference!